Friday, January 15, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Service Project Intro

Hello Ladies! If you are reading this blog it's because you've expressed interest in being part of our YW. Let me introduce myself really quick! My name is Melinda Beachell. I live in Battleground, Washington. Here in Battleground we have a group of 25 YW (5 more coming in early next year!). I'm a mom of four young children and run a small business online. That's me in a nutshell...feel free to introduce yourself also!

Let's get started on what's going on for next year... I want to clarify just a few minor details. First you don't have to use the patterns I send you! Be creative if you have something else in mind do it! Share with us what you are doing. Second if you don't have the time to participate all year and just want to dedicate 1 or 2 activities to the project...THAT IS GREAT!!! Last, if you would no longer like to participate or got on this e-mail list by accident please let me know and I will take you off. Thank you all so much. I think is going to be a lot of fun. Something the YW will never forget :)

In my last post I mentioned we would have a Sunday lesson about service and then introduce the YW to the project we will be doing the following year. That will happen tomorrow. To read the story our lesson will be based on and also the handout we will be giving each of the YW please click HERE. While introducing what is going happen with this service project I plan to have a map and put pins in the areas of where other YW groups will be working on service. That's where you wonderful women come in.

Early next year I'm hoping to put pictures of the different groups on our YW bulletin board. Our map will also be posted on that bulletin board. I'm hoping each of you would be willing to e-mail me a picture of your YW group and I will then in return I will e-mail the groups pictures out to each of you. Patterns will be e-mailed out tomorrow along with pictures of the projects. Later today you will receive a pattern for the red dress from the story I will share with you below. Am I forgetting anything? The patterns and certain details won't be posted. I will e-mail them. I just want to thank each of you for being so great and participating. I look forward to getting to know each of you better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment